City of Perth Library competition 2012
• Haiku and Senryu will be accepted.
• Entries must be previously unpublished.
• Adult entries are limited to 5 per entrant and must all be on one A4 paper.
• Student entries are limited to 3 per entrant and must all be on one A4 paper.
• The name of the poet must be included at the bottom of the page.
• A separate contact sheet must have name and contact details.
• The contact sheet must also list the first line of each poem.
• Font size to be at least 22pt. Any style is acceptable.
• Entries will be judged purely on the text.
• Any pictures or decorations must fit on the page with the Haiku.
Entries close Thurs 23 August, 5 pm. Winners listed Mon 3 September.
Deliver to the Library: level 1, 140 William St Perth
Post to the Library : GPO BOX C120 Perth 6839
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
(email poems must be sent as a word document attachment )
Prizes : 1st $ 100, 2nd $ 75 , 3rd $ 50
Entries will be judged by Maureen Sexton, WA HaikuOZ representative.
Maureen is also the Coordinator of the Mari Warabiny Haiku Group WA
Winners will be listed on the Library’s web page and in the Library.
Due to space limitations selected entries only will be displayed in the Library
during the National Poetry Week 3 Sept – 8 Sept
Haiku will not be returned unless accompanied with a stamped, self - addressed envelope
Overseas entries are welcome, but are not eligible for prizes.