Windfall: Australian Haiku
Windfall: Australian Haiku is a small annual print publication which seeks to publish fine examples of contemporary Australian haiku. Submissions are welcome in July each year.
Editor: Beverley George.
Founder and Manager: Peter Macrow.
Published by Blue Giraffe Press. ISSN 1839-5449. Hobart, Blue Giraffe Press issue 1, 2012 -
Designed and printed for Blue Giraffe Press by Picaro Press.
Guidelines for submissions:
1. Please head all submissions with your name, postal address and the date of submission, together with a statement that your submitted haiku are, “original, unpublished and not under consideration elsewhere”.
2. In order to extend the publishing opportunities for haiku poets in this country, and as Windfall will showcase only 50-60 selected haiku per issue, contribution is restricted to Australian poets, resident in Australia.
3. Submission period is June 30th – July 31st each year.
4. You may submit up to ten of your best haiku per issue but a maximum of 2-3 poems by an individual poet will be selected for any given issue.
5. Acceptances will be advised by August 31st after which date you are free to send any unaccepted poems elsewhere.
6. We are seeking haiku which are relevant to the experience of urban and rural life in Australia. Observations that celebrate landform, seasons, and our unique flora and fauna, are welcomed.
7. Please submit your unpublished haiku to Beverley George PO Box 37 Pearl Beach 2256 or email to email@example.com with ‘Windfall’ and your surname in the subject line.
Subscriptions Manager is Peter Macrow
$10 for two issues, one per year for two years, including postage within Australia.
Stamps or cash are also welcome. Cheques must be made out to Peter Macrow
Overseas subscriptions are $15 in Australian cash only.
Copies to non-subscribers or non-contributors are $10 for the first copy and $5 each for further copy. Overseas $15.
Manager, Blue Giraffe Press
6/16 Osborne Street
Sandy Bay TAS 7005
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apart from haiku submissions, all enquiries and other business should be directed to Peter Macrow, email as above.